Monday, November 30, 2009

Decisions.

I quickly walked down the rest of the flight of stairs and back into the dazzling sunlight. I put up a hand to temporarily shield the light from my eyes. Man that burned.
After blinking the light from my eyes, i studied the courtyard and  saw Asuka, glaring into the distance, as though she had seen just encountered something distasteful, waiting beside her bike.
When she turned around and saw me though, she gave me a look of relief. I wondered why as I walked over to her swiftly.

Sayuri: Asuka, sorry to keep you waiting.
Asuka: That's alright. What did they want?
Sayuri: Th-they.... wanted me to join student council...
Asuka: WHAT? What did you say?!
Sayuri: I said no.. but they said they'll give me some time to think about it...

I felt Asuka stiffen as I looked down and fingered my necklace. I didn't want to tell her that they only wanted me because of my "special talents." I also decided not to tell her about the weird feeling in the council room and the different reactions from each member.
She would flip.

Asuka: *mutter* That bastard....
Sayuri: Asuka, did you say something?
Asuka: oh... nothing.. nothing... Hey, can you make your way to class without me for now? I've got something to attend to.
Sayuri: Oh, what is it?
Asuka: Need to clean up some mess. See you later okay?

She climbed on her bike without another word, her head hanging down, long bangs sweeping into her eyes. to anyone else, she seemed calm and indifferent but I knew her better than that.
I could feel her anger radiating from her. Why was she so upset? I mean, I admit that I wasn't too keen on the idea but I still had a whole week to think about it. I watched as she rode away down a different path to the back.
Looking down at my class timetable, I shoved it into my pocket.
Physics can wait, I'm going to follow her.

No comments:

Post a Comment