Monday, November 16, 2009

Shade

After the council meeting I went to my room, which like all the council members was on the top floor of the dorm. My room was, well, dark. The walls were painted to show a forest in darkness and the ceiling had small lights speckled across it to look like stars.

It was very personalized, and I had spent a lot of time and money in getting it just right. But it was worth it, this way I had a place where I could feel close to home. Because in this academy everything was so different, and even though I had gotten used to it, there were still times when I missed home.

I sat down on my bed and stared out of the window, lost in thought. Something pounced onto the bed next to me. My cat Shade. He was my best friend in the academy, with his night black fur and golden eyes.

I stroked his soft fur as he lay down next to me, his purring was a comforting sound.

Rikka: What are they up to?

Shade looked at me knowingly. I sighed and curled up in bed next to him. The setting sun shining through the window and dipping my room in a warm glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment