Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Chance Meeting.

I sighed while leaning against the walls of the school, books clutched under my arms. I hated it when teachers picked on me during class--because then I had to point out that their facts were all wrong. Since when was Hitler German? He was Austrian for Christ's sake.
My head was spinning and I headed for the grassy spot under a nearby tree to relax.

There were too many things going on in my head. First, Asuka and Sora... what was that all about? Then Asuka warns me to stay away from Taiki. Then the student council and the worst: homework.
I think if I don't die from the "danger" Asuka keeps going about first, school work is going to kill me.

I glance up quickly just as a shadow approached me.

Sora: Hello there.
Sayuri: Oh... Sora...sama...

He was so silent that I wouldn't have noticed his approaching if I didn't recognise his aura. Damn, I'm getting rusty.

Sora: Mind if I join you?
Sayuri: Please, there's plenty of space. Sit down.
Sora: I prefer to stand.
Sayuri: The grass won't kill you.
Sora: ...
Sayuri: Besides, it's nice to take a break from the world and get a good look at what life is like from the bottom.
Sora: You have strange thoughts.

But he settled down beside me, awkwardly putting his legs in front of him. I tried not to laugh but it looked so out of place for the "prince" of the school.

Sora: You find me amusing?
Sayuri: Yes. I didn't expect you to sit like that.
Sora: You're very honest.
Sayuri: ...sorry.

I heard Sora chuckle and I felt a quiver in my heart. It was the first time I saw him smile.

Sora: Don't apologize. It's...refreshing.

I get the feeling people don't tell him the truth very often. There was a sudden silence as we sat there, next to each other. I could feel the heat of his aura from where I was sitting and suddenly my face felt warm. The silence was comfortable, as though we were just relaxing in each other's presence. However, I felt the need to make conversation.

Sayuri: Erm.. about the council...
Sora: Yes, I came to talk to you about that.
Sayuri: Oh..

Oh. So that's all it was.

So he didn't just want to talk. Of course. How stupid of me to think that he would just want to talk to me. What was I thinking anyway?

Sora: Tell me what you think about the members.
Sayuri: Huh? You... want my opinion?
Sora: I believe that's what I just said.

I swear I saw his lips curve up slightly at the corners.
Was he laughing at me?

Maybe he wasn't as cold as I thought he was...

No comments:

Post a Comment