Thursday, January 27, 2011

Chance Meeting III

"Oh I know you used to be friends... I'll confirm that one way or another."

I don't know why his words bothered me...nor do I care to. Why dig up the past anyway? It didn't matter anymore. I shook my head as I forced my mind to turn to more important matters. For example: Sayuri's whereabouts. She should be close by. She must be close by, so that I could keep her safe...!

I dashed madly through the hallways, probably half-scaring some innocents to death, but there was more at stake than their fragile state of minds. I couldn't let Sayuri fall into their hands. I couldn't afford to fail. Not again. Never. Again.

It was then, amidst my whirling thoughts, that I finally caught a soft, silvery wisp of an aura.

Sayuri was close by.

I rushed off, feeling the aura get stronger and stronger as I ran. What was this...strong emotion...? And this...other aura...?

"Minami..." I growled as I finally caught sight of them.

Sora: You know, you're a strange girl.
Asuka: I think so too.

Both Sayuri and Minami jumped to their feet. I tried to control myself as I strode towards them.

Asuka: So. Care to explain what's going on?
Sora: I don't know, you tell me.

I couldn't help my eyes narrowing at that statement, reaching to my gun holster instinctively.

Asuka: I told you to stay away from her...
Sora: And I told you that it's Sayuri's decision to make.
Asuka: And you just
happened to walk on by and found Sayuri alone? Make me believe you, Minami!

I couldn't help the surge of rage I felt as I drew my gun and pointed it at him. At the same time, Minami quickly drew his sword, probably ready for whatever I could throw his way. I was about to fire when Sayuri threw herself between us.

Asuka: Sayuri!? What are you doing? Get out of the way!
Sayuri: STOP THIS! Weren't you two...didn't you two use to be friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment