Thursday, December 10, 2009

More mysteries to unravel

I hid behind the field of sunflowers. It was tall enough to hide me, and i cast a cloaking spell. Peering through the green stalks, I gazed upon the duo standing under the sakura tree. The scene seemed somewhat.. sad.
Sora closed his eyes and I felt a barrier form around them, just narrowly enclosing behind me. I breathed a sigh of relief. A barrier would be hard to penetrate without alerting the person casting it. Then I paused.
Wait.. how was he able to form a barrier..? My ears pricked up as I heard Asuka's voice.
Asuka: I didn't bring you here to reminisce about the past Sora.
Sora: Haha... it's been a while since you called me by my first name, Asuka.
Asuka? She used to be that close to Sora? I looked at her turn away slightly, fists clenched as though remembering a past better left forgotten.
Asuka: Shh-hut up. You know why I called you here...
Sora: Far too well... it's about Ms. Outori isn't it. I'm sure she has informed you about the Council, but I gave her some time to decide.
I sighed. I knew Asuka would do something like this sooner or later.But.. why now?

Asuka: Stop dreaming Sora... The past is the past
Sora: Don't you wish you could just turn back to that time
Asuka: No... I don't. You and I are different. We were born to destroy each other.
What? What happened between them? I looked at them, staring at each other. Sora seemed somewhat sad, and Asuka, though cold seemed sad herself. She hid it well. I could feel a connection between them. It wasn't a connection of lovers, but more of close friends. I couldn't understand. How was this possible? Asuka hated all vampires with a passion... for a good reason.
They destroyed her.
The feeling of the barrier breaking caught my attention. I looked up again as I saw Sora walk away. His face was stony and tensed. 
Asuka: WAIT!!!
I looked at her face, contorted with anger, passion ... and something else. Regret? Sadness?

Sora kept on walking. But before he went back into the woods, he paused and looked back as though he saw me. I ducked my head and kept it low to hide it from view. After he was gone, I looked back up. Asuka stood there, staring off into the distance. I heard her sigh as she left aswell.
I was alone in the fields of flowers, suffocating in their intoxicating scent.
Coming here hardly answered any of my questions. They turned into even more complicated questions.
What happened between Asuka and Sora?
And more importantly... did I really want to know?

No comments:

Post a Comment